About the Author
Daniela is a former Israeli diplomat, turned writer.
Her stories, articles and essays have been published in numerous newspapers and magazines, and first collection of short stories, titled 'The Year Spring Turned into Winter' was out in December 2008. Crossing Qalandiya - Exchanges Across the Israeli Palestinian Divide, co-authored with Shireen Anabtawi, was published in the UK in May 2010.
- ByLine Magazine 2006 & 2007 (US);
- Swanwick Short Story 2007 (UK);
- Chichester Observer Magazine 2007 (UK);
- LIEWW (Geneva, Switzerland) February 2008 and March 2009;
- Writing Club, Ireland April 2008;
- Neil Gunn (Scotland) June 2009;
- short-listed for the Bridport Prize 2009
- Society of Women Writers and Journalists 2009 Overseas Competition
- John C Laurence Award 2010, UK Society of Authors
- Longlisted for the Fish Prize 2011
- Honorable mention - Unbound Press Short Story Award 2011
- 2011 Spilling Ink Short Story Prize (3rd)
Member of SWWJ (Society of Women Writers and Journalists, UK), GWG (Geneva Writers' Group, Switzerland), The Society of Authors (UK) and PEN International.